In real life, production only lasted from 1949 to 1952, during which time just under 8000 of the marque were made by the Austin Motor Company. It made its debut at the 1948 Earls Court Motor Show in London and was available either as a 2-door saloon or 2-door convertible.
Registered HB 7049, this version of the Austin Atlantic convertible is painted in cream with contrasting tan hood in the folded down position, the elegant lines of the car are enhanced with chrome masked fittings and a highly detailed Austin badge finished in silver, pale green and blue appears on the front of the bonnet and the boot catch. The words Austin of England are also printed in silver along the sides. The cream wheels with silver inserts echo the colour scheme of the main body to round off this replica of one of the first post-war cars engineered entirely from scratch by Austin.